Saturday, October 23, 2010

Scotchies

Last week, one of the other volunteers told us about this great place, Scotchies.  She said it would be too packed on a Friday evening, so we didn't end up going before. 

And since we, the new volunteers, had no idea where it was, for the week we had free, we couldn't go! Then yesterday, we found out that it was just at the end of Chelsea St., which was the street our hotel was on (!).  And here I was thinking, "you mean all this time, it was just down the street? I hope this place sucks." So we ventured over yesterday afternoon for lunch and it was delicious

It's a really nice place because of the way they set up the restaurant, you get to sit and eat in these little shaded huts after getting your food.  I got a jerk pork this time, which again has redefined the jerk food experience for me.  It's like BBQ pork + jerk, which = awesome.

Other than that, I've just been getting set up in the new apartment.  Getting a bit of food, pots and pans, etc.  Then on Monday, it's time for work!  Woohoo.

Dining hut

Anxiously waiting for food

The food

Awesomeness

4 comments:

  1. nomnomnom!Is there anything to eat besides jerk, patties and chinese?

    where are the pictures of you, how do we know its really you. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to imagine BBQ pork + jerk. lol. I hate blogspot. Had to setup a gmail account just to post something here.

    (and all the names that I wanted on gmail were taken)

    -Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheryl, there's also curry foods here ;) I'm the photographer of course! What other Jamaican would take so many pictures of Jamaican food.
    Ben, agreed
    Kev, it's literally like BBQ pork with a bit of spice to it. And don't hate. I started getting used to gmail, and it's not bad.

    ReplyDelete