Saturday, December 18, 2010

Fry chicken, stew chicken, jerk chicken.  Poultry is definitely a Jamaican favourite.  But as I ponder my dinner options, I want to eat some other meat!  After the medical examination that I took in order to accept my placement here, the Dr. told me to not eat so much red meat.  While I'm here though, it's not too much of a choice. Maybe it was meant for me to be in Jamaica.

Today, I ventured into Coronation Market again but on my own this time.  At first, I was a little anxious about it, but downtown didn't seem all that bad after all.  I went through the market, bought some groceries, explored a little bit, and caught the coaster home.  There seemed to be even more of a market atmosphere as Kingstonians are getting into the home stretch of the Christmas shopping season.

On a side note, I ran into Usain Bolt at a club (no pun intended).  I knew he would party in Jamaica and I've heard stories of people seeing him all the time, but I didn't expect I'd see him.  He seemed to be enjoying himself and wasn't being bothered, so I suppose it really is a common sight here.  It's nice to see people not being obsessed with the rich or famous.

Short post for now so y'all know I'm alive.  Off to find some dinnah!

4 comments:

  1. Usain Bolt!? That's kinda amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like you're having an amazing time there man! can't wait to hear all your stories when you're back too!
    -Ed

    ReplyDelete
  3. har de har

    happy birthday, Man! hope you can find some turkey or something to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete