Thursday, February 3, 2011

Happy Chinese New Year Jamaica!

Apparently there was some event going on at the Chinese Benevolent Association (CBA) in Jamaica yesterday.  But I didn't know!  Instead, I ate some jerk pork at Scotchies.  Only when I went to the supermarket today to pick up some juice, did the cashier mention that the CBA usually holds some of events around this time of year.

I went today, and there was nothing except some people playing badminton.  Nah gwaaan!  I asked my taxi driver if anything else would be happening and he didn't know.  If a taxi driver doesn't know then chances are, it doesn't exist.  So since nothing real exciting happened, in honour of CNY, I took a picture of the most Chinese thing I have in my apartment now - my calendar which the supermarket gave to me a while ago.  It's from Oriental Foods which coincidentally is in Toronto, Canada.  Yes, they imported Chinese calendars from Canada.  I should have just brought some with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment