Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Half-way there

This week is nearing the half-way mark of my placement (half-way point will be January 15, 2011).  It's hard to believe, but pretty soon, I'll be wrapping up.  Work has gotten into full swing with renewed energy in the new year.  We are going to try and promote the use of a network intranet, which will be challenging yet exciting.  As for the city life in Kingston, I'm feeling settled in.  All the hustle and bustle of the city - people in your face to take their bus, buy their stuff - it's become like ambient noise.

For the new year, I've also gotten some personal renewed energy.  I feel like I should be more productive, and mentally engaged with the world around me.  Starting in late 2010, I've been reading more about news, both locally and internationally, as well as getting into some of the books that I've brought here.  Although I don't have resolutions per se, this 'productivity' I suppose translates into being more focused, as I try to be each year.  Perhaps as close as I will get to making a resolution, is that I'd like to learn to swim while here in Jamaica.  I'm here on an island anyways!  Blue lagoon here I come.

Annnnd I haven't posted pictures in a while, so for the interesting technique in how I made my rice with no rice cooker, here it is!  Bowl, in a pot (I cover it to steam, but for picture purposes, the lid has been taken off).  This time in particular, I was lazy so I threw in some leftovers to be heated up as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment