Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Beginnings

I am starting this blog to document my own personal adventure and I'm not sure where it'll take me, but at the very least I can look back and see where I've been. I wish all the best to the CUSO-VSO volunteers whom I had the pleasure of meeting - good times were had, and everyone most likely had their own personal takeaways.  After a weekend of training, I'm in Toronto to finish the remainder of the work week, and am still going through what seems to be a whirlwind of events trying to get ready for my departure.  It's hard to believe that some people have already left or will be leaving very soon.  At the end of it all, I think it's safe to say that we're all going to be embarking on an adventure.

"Adventure isn't hanging on a rope off the side of a mountain. Adventure is an attitude that we must apply to the day to day obstacles of life -- facing new challenges, seizing new opportunities, testing our resources against the unknown and in the process, discovering our own unique potential."

1 comment:

  1. I found you! (:

    It's 11:50am on Thursday morning so you probably just landed in Jamaica! yay, your journey has begun.

    Can't wait to hear all about your new experiences and adventures! Please don't forget to answer those math questions so we know you're alive (; take care.

    ReplyDelete